Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Trying something new

So I am trying something new. I've been a stay at home mom for 14 years and it's time to start thinking of what I will do when my nest is empty. This is a first step. After losing my love for art for many years, I found it again when a neighbor persisted with me to try scrapbooking. I had portraits of my daughter from since she was born, so why not put them in a scrapbook. I finally tried and fell in love with the artistic process again.


Fast forward and I have recently rediscovered how much I like playing with paint, color and even crochet. I am in not an original, I reinterpret works and ideas from various blogs I read for inspiration. So what do I love to do? Scrapbook, art journal, collage and crochet. I play around in various journals with ideas I come up with. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. All I do know is that learning to express myself with art has been very good for me and keeps me positive while I figure out what I will do when my little bird flies from the nest.




Here I played with texture and the color blue. I don't remember what all I used. I will try to give credit as much as possible. I believe the rub-on are from Hambly, the stamps are Technique Tuesday and Hero Arts, and the tissue paper is from a purchase from Brighton Collectables. I used bubble wrap to make the polka dots.


Just play, save things you find interesting and things with texture that you can paint and stamp for an interesting element. Don't be afaid - just do it.




1 comment: