Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Yarn, yarn, hook





I love yarn. It's so soft and comforting to hold. It comes in many beautiful colors and textures.


My mom and late grandma taught me how to crochet. I think it is this connection to them that makes it such a comfort to me. In the winter, there is nothing better than having a blanket you are making on your lap. You are creating something, watching it grow and as it grows, it keeps you warm. I love to make baby blankets for family and friends. It's so much fun to pick out a soft yarn and create something for a new baby coming into the world.


















Last year I started crocheting dishcloths to use. I was tired of using sponges - they always stayed so wet and gross. So I decided why not make my own dishcloths. I love using them! I use one a day and toss it in the laundry and no more stinky sponges.


This year I have decided to make more gifts rather than buy something. People love receiving something that you put your time and talent to make for them.


When life gets a little crazy for me, I always go back to the comforting rhythm of crochet.

No comments:

Post a Comment